Design & Development
Our expertise in product design and development can help you improve quality, eliminate waste, and reduce costs.
Medical Device Design
Viant offers comprehensive design and development services from concept to launch and beyond. We bring deep expertise in the design and development of medical devices, including ISO-13485 design control and the ability to create a full DHF to support regulatory filings. We also have a thorough understanding of clinical applications. The result is clinically effective, innovative solutions for our customers.
Lean Product Development
In our Design & Development Center of Excellence we utilize the Lean Product Development (LPD) methodology which is systematic approach to drive design-based decisions to mitigate risk as a design progresses through development. This approach allows you to reduce re-development cycles and time to market, while improving product efficacy and optimizing cost.
Design for Excellence
Our design and development capabilities are broad because we offer so many integrated processes in-house. Our cross-functional teams implement design for excellence (DFX) best practices to ensure a smooth development path and consistent, high-quality product manufacturing. We can advise your team on optimizing every step of your program, including:
- Process Capability
- Supply chain
- Cost reduction
Design for Manufacturability (DFM)
- Injection molding (thermoplastic & elastomeric processes)
- Blow molding (EBM, ISBM, IBM, BFS)
- Extrusion (thermoplastics & silicon)
- Compression molding
- CNC machining (milling, turning, Swiss, EDM, laser precision)
- Precision tube drawing and fabrication
- Secondary processes
Design for Device Assembly (DFA)
We can work with you to optimize design for a range of assembly processes, including:
- Cleanroom assembly
- High speed
- Automated, semi-automated and manual
- Coatings and surface treatments
- In-line packaging and labeling
Design for Materials
Material compatibility and interaction are important considerations in the design of your medical device. We can leverage our materials expertise by working with you on:
- Material identification (FTIR and SEM analysis)
- Material selection
- Material testing
Design for Packaging
- Packaging for terminally sterilized medical devices (ISO 11607 Part 1)
- Packaging Process Validation (ISO 11607 Part 2)
- Prototype package systems for evaluation
- Package design verification and stability testing
We can duplicate your legacy or off-patent part or assembly (with or without prints) through reverse engineering: analysis, 3D modeling, and creating new tooling.
Process Development and Engineering Assistance
Our engineering experts can help you develop and produce a cost-effective, quality product that meets your specifications. We can help you engineer your tool or device, from complete process development, testing, and prototyping, to manufacturing documentation and regulatory compliance testing.