We understand that material compatibilities and interactions are important considerations in the design and manufacturing of your medical device.
Optimizing Material Selection
We bring together deep knowledge of a wide range of materials with a broad understanding of clinical applications and manufacturing processes to help you select the materials with the performance characteristics you need for optimal performance.
From Thermoplastics to Elastomers
Our plastics expertise includes:
- Implantable materials
- UHMWPE (ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene)
- PEEK (polyether ether ketone)
- Engineered materials
- Implantables (including PEEK)
- High-temperature filled materials
- Highly engineered instrumentation materials
- Liquid (LSR)
- Synthetic and natural rubber
Our metals expertise includes:
- Stainless steel
- Other medical-grade alloys
Orthoplastics, a Viant company, is the leading supplier of ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene (UHMWPE), supplying many of the world’s orthopedic device manufacturers. Its premium-grade UHMWPE is expertly manufactured onsite in the UK and is the material of choice in a wide range of orthopedic implants and devices for applications in hips, knees, shoulders, elbows, ankles, and fingers.