Supervise all material handling, shipping and receiving activities to provide maximum efficiencies in processing the daily workload. Supervise all warehouse activities on the manufacturing floor to ensure production needs are met or exceeded. This position is responsible for effective execution of the job responsibilities noted below as well as the effective execution of the job responsibilities for the following positions (warehouse shipping & receiving).
- Must maintain or exceed productivity standards.
- Meet shipping schedules to ensure on-time delivery to our customers and meet receiving schedules to ensure fill-rate of customer orders.
- Must be a hands-on individual with the operations personnel who can develop team members to their highest potential.
- Must be able to make decisions independently to meet or exceed operational goals.
- Responsible to ensure all employees and outside contractors/ visitors follow established safety practices and procedures.
- Operations – supervise shipping and receiving activities for maximum efficiency by assigning manpower to meet daily objectives. Conduct daily physical audits of work being performed.
- Safety – identify and correct safety hazards, daily safety topic/comment, daily audit of associates’ work practices and activities, continuously communicate and promote safety and safe work practices.
- Security – ensure building and asset security and only allow authorized personnel to gain access to the warehouse.
- Identify productivity inhibitors and provide input on solutions.
- Employee relations – Ensure a positive and productive work environment by applying policies consistently, listening to and responding to associates’ needs, and communicating open issues to management.
- Housekeeping – Ensure good housekeeping according to set standards.
- Provide great customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Rotate personnel to different positions to ensure a broad base of knowledge and skill and for safety purposes.
- Inventory – investigate and correct/communicate inventory related issues/ take a leadership role in all physical inventories
- Prepare and complete all direct report job performance reviews and corrective actions in a timely manner
- Take a proactive role in managing various projects
- Responsibilities outlined in Warehouse Shipping & Receiving job description.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Capable of obtaining internal forklift training and certification required.
- Be comfortable in a fast paced environment.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, leadership, and customer service skills.
- The ability to make decisions, solve problems, prioritize assignments and direct the workforce in an ever-changing, warehouse environment.
- Proven track record in supervision of warehouse employees including Hiring, Training, and Termination.
- Associates degree preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years of supervisory warehouse experience and at least three (3) to five (5) years of warehouse experience.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to lead and work in a fast paced environment
- Skilled in recruiting, training, motivating, coaching and leading team members.
- Possess technical knowledge and/ or background working with ERP systems.
- Normal mobility, manual dexterity, normal visual and auditory ability is necessary.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language and perform basic mathematical skills.
- Heavy Work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and or operation or machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes.
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
- The worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
- The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.