Welding Technician – 3rd Shift
The primary purpose of this position is to perform semi-standardized or semi-prescribed welding assignments requiring judgmental and problem solving skills. Selects or adapts standard procedures or equipment. Receives initial instructions, equipment requirements, and technical advice from supervisor or engineer.
- Performs manual laser welds, CNC laser welds, and TIG welds based off of print instructions and setup sheets.
- Works in cooperation with welding engineers, manufacturing engineers and may participate in other production and assembly duties to ensure manufacturing floor flow.
- Sets up and runs experiments and/or weld validations with direction.
- Trains other welders in proper techniques to utilize systems, equipment, and processes.
- Investigates root cause of chronic production problems, participating as required to implement and follow-up. Completes continuous improvement projects as required.
- Provides input in evaluation of processes.
- Interacts with and advises other departments.
- Performs other duties as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Operate manual laser, auto laser, and Tig Welder.
- Manage Kan Ban System.
- Manage 5S initiatives.
- High school graduate or GED
- 3 years relevant experience
- Proficient in welding techniques, especially TIG welds.
- Tig Welder, Auto and Manual Laser
- Light work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Worker is subject to arc flash and limited noise
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.