Value Stream Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Broad responsibility for overall operations of a value stream; including but not limited to, financial performance (P&L and asset management), strategic planning, forecasting and overall performance of the business unit. Provides leadership to ensure a safe work environment, maximize profitable growth, drive quality improvements, provide premier customer service, develop work force, reduce operating costs, inventories and lead times through continuous improvements. Oversee the day-to-day activities of the value stream to meet daily, monthly, quarterly, and yearly quality, cost, and delivery expectations.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for following and ensuring that direct reports follow all GMP’s and SOP’s as defined by Viant Medical’s policies, practices and procedures to ensure that the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and ISO regulations and Viant Medical’s quality standards are met.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Value Stream to include: developing associates, budget planning, employment decisions and performance assessments of all direct and indirect reports.
- Ownership of the Value stream P&L’s, including cost analysis and opportunities, and manufacturing productivity.\
- Operations leadership including successful lean implementation resulting in productivity gains.
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement by meeting with the Value Stream regularly to reflect on problems, solutions, and challenges.
- Leads the Value Stream in daily operations and continuous improvements which include but are not limited to: supply chain productivity control, establishing manufacturing priorities, and coordination of activities with off-shift leadership.
- Emphasizes the creation of continuous product flow, utilize pull systems where flow is not currently possible, and works to level the workload.
- Creates the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardized work/processes are followed, countermeasures implemented, and compliance with safety requirements.
- Instills and maintains a positive can-do team atmosphere within the Value Stream; holding regular team meetings and assigning team members tasks.
- Works to develop future state value stream maps and manages the plans to achieve it.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business
- Knowledge of FDA QSR, ISO1348 and ISO14971 Risk Assessment
- 5-7 years of major professional accomplishments, including increasing responsibility and leadership of projects and teams of considerable size, scope and complexity. Previous P&L ownership experience preferred.
- Sufficient experience and background in accounting, manufacturing, human resources management, inventory control and strategic planning.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results by meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities.
- Involvement or leadership in lean process improvements/implementation preferred.
- Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Lean/Six Sigma Experience.
- Moderate amounts of bending and twisting
- Lifting up to 50 pounds
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.