The Tooling Estimator evaluates customers’ product design/requirements to develop cost estimates based on selected manufacturing processes and provides manufacturing engineering insights into processing plastic components and assembling medical devices.
- Work with multiple individuals—from sales to supply chain to plant management to engineering—to develop costs for quoting healthcare parts, assemblies, and devices to customers; responsible for concept creation and costing, ensuring factory-specific capabilities are taken into account during costing work
- Manage time and work within sensitive deadlines, maintaining attention to detail
- Review request for quotes (RFQs) and present mold strategies to the team; once agreed upon, the Tooling Estimator gets quotes
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Strong organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software suite
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
- Working knowledge of plastic technology with emphasis on injection molding, statistical process controls (SPC), and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise moving objects
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as:
- Preparing and analyzing data and figures
- Viewing a computer screen
- Extensive reading
- Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operating machines
- Using measurement devices
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work)
Position location: South Plainsfield, NJ
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.