Director of Supply Chain
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for all global core functional planning processes: demand planning, capacity planning, inventory planning and supply planning. Responsible for global order, warehouse and transportation management for Stocked, Make-to-Order, and Engineer-to-Order Product. Responsible for establishing Inventory supply planning, supplier inventory targets. Responsible for leading, developing and facilitating the planning strategies that focus on developing key performance to attain key business goals and objectives in the areas of inventory management, and NPI launch.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all GMP, SOP’s and DOI’s as defined by MedPlast Medical policies, practices and procedures to insure that FDA and ISO regulations and quality standards are met.
- Responsible for developing, meeting and or exceeding cost center budgets that are assigned to your areas of responsibility
- Ownership for improving developing and maintaining all Global Business Process with functional responsibility.
- Responsible for MedPlast Medical SIOP (Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning) assisting in aligning the supply chain site organizations with the financial plan.
- Forecast Management – Develop consensus forecast with customers
- Capacity Planning – Responsible for ensuring capacity plans balance with MedPlast Medical Value Stream Teams requirements with available to meet or exceed customer and AOP goals.
- Inventory Stocking Policies – Establish stocking levels and frequency updates with purchasing that aligns with customer demand and established AOP levels.
- Supply Planning – Responsible for plan to meet unconstrained demand and inventory requirements with constrained capacity and supplier capabilities
- Make – Responsible for execution schedule to meet customer demand and ensuring service levels are maintained by coordinating with the MedPlast Medical Value Stream Teams and other applicable functional departments.
- Delivery – Manage deliver business rules, customer on-time performance, information, finished product inventories, capital assets, transportation, product life cycle, and import/export requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring success set up configuration of the Demand Management and Material Flow functions for new product development.
- Identify, develop and lead improvement teams in executing inventory initiatives.
- Identify key supply chain elements and cost drivers to facilitate successful negotiations which enable business process improvements for Materials and Services categories.
- Develop and maintain an environment that promotes diversity, integrity, respect, fairness and accountability for results.
- Responsible for supporting operations to ensure raw materials are maintained within target levels for continuous manufacturing.
- Responsible for identifying, communicating and driving solutions for key deliverables.
- Responsible for all key metrics and results within functional responsibility
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration
- APICS CPIM Certification
- 5-7 years experience in a manufacturing and molding environment. Preferably medical device.
- 7-10 years experience in development and implementation of world class supply chain business processes & practices
- Knowledge of FDA QSR and ISO1348
- Strong interpersonal skills set to develop, enhance and further cultivate good vendor relations and partnerships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
- Strong PC skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Occasional light lifting
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.