Supply Chain Coordinator
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This role is responsible to be the liaison between the customer and production, manufacturing & procurement departments in order to meet customer demands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Cross functional coordination of all efforts to expedite component availability to ensure on time starts in production and on time deliveries to customers.
- Use analytical skills to understand root cause of backorders to identify owners for resolution and coordinates to effectively communicate recovery plans and timing across the organization.
- Researches, analyzes, and resolves inventory and/or system problems. Works with Purchasing to resolve backorders or obtain approved substitutes.
- Develops and implements inventory control procedures. Utilizes open order reports and works closely with Purchasing to ensure supply availability at all times.
- Develops data driven buffer and safety stock parameters.
- Accountable for tracking inventory and supply part levels to prevent overstock which over inflates stock values.
- Responsible for oversight/administering cycle count system.
- Analyzes root causes for inventory discrepancies and recommends action to make corrections.
- Understands the principles and concepts of LEAN manufacturing. Looks for opportunities and solutions for process improvements and seeks to improve job skills.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor Degree in Supply Chain preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in medical device industry, preferably contract manufacturing
- Highly analytical/data driven with a “get it done” attitude and strong focus on accountability and agility
- Basic understanding of SQL/Ad hoc ERP report writing.
- Lean Manufacturing experience/ training
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.