The Staff Accountant is responsible for assisting in the general accounting function. The staff accountant will be responsible for monitoring daily cash positions, maintaining the fixed asset system and monthly / quarterly close processes.
In addition to day-to-day activities, the staff accountant is a key player in the quarterly close / review process and collaboration across manufacturing locations. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Daily cash management – monitoring the cash position, sending approved wires/ach, ensuring activity is being recorded on the ledgers, assisting with revolver activity.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System; provide monthly detail for General Journal entries; insure proper recording of new purchases and disposals. Provide asset data for audit and property taxes.
- Construction in Process analysis – maintain the monthly CIP files for all locations supported by shared services; works with the plant finance staff to ensure spending is charged to the correct project and occurs within the approved amounts as well as identifying when an asset is placed in service.
- Analyze and reconcile inter-company activity on a monthly basis
- Prepare account analysis and other reporting as assigned
- Prepare and file governmental surveys, state annual reports, franchise tax filings and sales and use tax filings
- Responsible for preparing and reporting 1099 reporting on an annual basis
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of accounting/audit experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel functions including pivot tables, V-Lookup
- Experience using Sage FAS preferred
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.