Senior Manager, Value Stream
REPORTS TO: Director, Operations
The primary purpose of this position is to have management accountability for all operational performance within a designated Value Stream or focus-area of the production facility; including but not limited to Production, Quality, Shipments and delivery, Revenue, Safety and Environmental metrics, as well as the ongoing development of high performing associates and teams. Also responsible for identifying and implementing revenue opportunities and cost reduction initiatives within the value stream that contributes to financial performance of the manufacturing site overall.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Viant Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Provides cross-functional leadership to Supervisors, Manufacturing engineers and Planners (direct reports) as well as Quality Engineers (indirect reports) aligned to a particular Value Stream, and is active member of site Leadership team.
- Establishes clear accountabilities for direct reports and staffs to motivate and develop through understanding and lifelong learning.
- Oversees and participates in the daily production operations through personal interaction with the production staff.
- Plans, Develops, and ensures resources are adequate to execute Process and Test Method Validations (IQ, OQ, PQ, PPQ) in accordance with Viant procedures and guidelines.
- Supports Supply Chain Strategy and works with other functions to implement and deliver Plan for Every Part strategy. Delivers year over year improvements in Material Days on Hand, Kanban levels and maintains an accurate Item Master Data in Oracle.
- Leverages Lean and 6-sigma initiatives as programs and procedures are implemented within the Value Stream to improve safety, quality and customer indicators, reduce waste, improve processes and labor efficiencies, and reduce direct operating expenses.
- Provides direction and leadership in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion including customer issues.
- Participates in the development of production plans with representatives from other departments, such as Production, Planning, Continuous Improvement, Customer Service, and Materials to ensure that production performance standards meet customer requirements. Aligns with Product Development Engineering.
- Follows up with various functional departments to monitor the status of plan versus actual performance.
- Develops and maintains direct relationships with customers in order to better understand the voice of the customer. Participates on customer business reviews and will generate the necessary action plants in order to achieve outstanding customer service results.
- Establishes effective staffing strategies to meet performance requirements including the balance of full-time and flex staffing options.
- Provides direction to ensure continuance of an issue-free work environment.
- Develops and monitors budgetary guidelines and spending levels to ensure cost-effective operation within the VS unit. Prepares and manages departmental and capital expenditure budgets.
- May have responsibility for more than one physical location or building within the site.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in Manufacturing, Engineering, or a Business related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 8+ years’ progressive experience in a production environment; including minimum of 3 years managing direct reports and/or cross-functional teams
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Special Skills: Strong communication skills both written and oral; experience leveraging communication cross-functionally. Demonstrated Project Management and Negotiation skills in manufacturing environments. Well-developed analytical, problem solving skills.
- Specialized Knowledge: Well developed Lean Manufacturing knowledge and experience. In depth understanding of Revenue, Cost efficiencies and P&L drivers. Dynamic coaching skills with demonstrated success in forming and developing effective teams.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.