Senior Manager, Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Director, Senior Director, or VP, Human Resources
The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a Business Partner to an assigned client group and is the site HR leader for one or more Viant locations. Responsible for managing all aspects of HR service delivery and strategic consulting on Talent Management, Associate Relations and Culture, Total Rewards Administration, HR Systems and Compliance programs, this role is a key management team contributor. The HR Manager champions a culture of continuous improvement and engagement by collaborating with COEs and site leaders to develop and deploy HR solutions that enable business strategy and objectives.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Viant’s Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Participates in development and communication of site strategic objectives aligned to Viant, Product Category and functional business strategy.
- Partners with site leaders in development of short and long term workforce plans and actionable talent strategies that support business objectives.
- Credibly leads organizational change initiatives.
- Coaches and counsel leaders of people on performance management, organizational design and optimization, team effectiveness, communication, feedback and other management best practices.
- Promotes an issue-free environment and adherence to Viant values. Ensures Associate concerns, complaints or workplace conflict is addressed and resolved timely, fairly and equitably.
- Provides direction, coaching and training to management regarding policy interpretation, corrective action, progressive discipline and fair treatment. Ensures fair and consistent application of involuntary termination, position elimination, RIF, and severance decisions.
- Conducts and documents Code of Conduct investigations, as required.
- Drives Associate contribution and commitment through facilitation of focus groups, surveys, round tables, town halls and other forums to assess and deploy culture initiatives, recognition programs and facility-specific communication & continuous improvement initiatives that engage Associates.
- Identifies and promotes events to celebrate individual, team and business milestones and achievements.
- Actively participates on team and committee-driven well-being and community outreach activities.
- Continuously evaluates organizational structure and apply position evaluation methodology to analyze new and existing positions against Integer Career Framework. Supports COE and site management in local annual compensation planning, decision making and new program design communications.
- Plans and administers site’s annual Benefits Enrollment events and ensure Associates’ understanding and utilization of new benefit programs through regular and effective communication and incident-specific counseling.
- Ensures accurate and timely transfer of Associate data changes to centralized Payroll processing team.
- Effectively manages and maintains Associate data and transactions in HRIS/Workday, ATS and other HR technology systems; generates queries and ad-hoc reporting as needed. Analyzes and reports on talent related metrics and trends.
- Promotes and supports Associate and manager self-service of available on-line HR tools.
- Ensures compliance with all local/state/country labor laws and regulations; maintains accurate Associate recordkeeping and conducts site compliance audits as required.
- Leads product category or enterprise-wide HR Project teams; subject matter expert (SME) for one or more HR practice areas (Employee Relations, Hourly Recruiting, Metrics/Surveys, Policies, etc.)
- Manages exempt HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- Minimum Experience: Minimum 7 years progressive HR experience, with at least 2 years managing others, supporting manufacturing or similar environment/client group.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Special Skills: Human Resources Certification (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-SCP) preferred. Excellent written, communication and coaching skills. Demonstrated success balancing and executing multiple talent and change management strategies and projects in fast paced matrixed environment. Proficiency with MS Office, Web-based ATS and integrated HRIS applications; Workday experience preferred.
- Specialized Knowledge: Comprehensive knowledge of federal and state labor and employment laws.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.