Reports To: Production Supervisor
The primary purpose of this position is to set up, operate, and maintain CNC machine shop equipment to manufacture precision parts.
- Adheres to Viant and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Operates and sets up complex CNC shop equipment which may include multi axis and/or multi spindle equipment.
- Ability to simultaneously operate more than one machine as required.
- Sharpens and changes tooling as needed to maintain tolerances, may give input or recommendations.
- Makes adjustments and monitors assigned equipment to ensure dimensional part integrity.
- May train and mentor team members, make recommendations and communicate observations to management and engineering.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally.
- Deburrs, buffs or sands parts to meet requirements to print specifications.
- Verifies the revision level for current operations.
- Verifies documentation and accuracy of completed operations.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally using inspection equipment and techniques to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems in a timely manner.
- Maintains tooling working in very close tolerances. Makes offsets when necessary to conform to print specifications.
- Aware of tool life and guidelines, brings attention to appropriate channels when changes need to occur.
- Required to follow quality procedures to ensure traceability and segregation of materials as required.
- Completes all applicable documentation for current operations.
- Practices 5S principles on a daily basis
- Performs preventative machine maintenance as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will:
- Strive to do their best when it comes to quality and patient safety.
- Drive innovation through actions and accountability.
- Grow his or her skills through daily repetition of wanting to be better
High School Diploma or equivalent. Progress towards journeymen certification or 2 year machinist certification preferred.
6 years machine shop experience in all phases of machining, including 5 years of CNC experience or journeymen machinist.
Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints. Through understanding of shop math. Ability to work with small precision parts to very close tolerances. Capability to use basic inspection tools and techniques. Capacity to understand and follow through with verbal and/or written instructions. Proficient with interpersonal relations, organization and communication skills. Basic knowledge of continuous improvement and proficient in GD&T.
CNC Mill and/or Lathes
Light work: Exerting up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Visual inspection of parts.
Worker is subject to noise, coolant, and standing a minimum 8 hours per shift.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.