Senior Engineering Technician
Location: Orchard Park, NY
Supervisor: Gary Victor
Shift: 1st Shift (United States of America)
The primary purpose of this position is to perform semi-standardized or semi-prescribed assignments requiring judgmental and problem solving skills. Selects or adapts standard procedures ore equipment. Receives initial instruction, equipment requirements, and technical advice from supervisor or engineer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adheres to VIANT’s Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Plans process flow, evaluates process capability, modifies tooling, builds tooling, and designs tooling
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total projects.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, as well as conduct failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures while using judgment when making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Prepares all necessary paperwork and documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Sets up and runs experiments and/or tests apparatus with direction.
- Designs, recommends, assembles, and installs equipment/apparatus and processes for product fabrication, research and development, or analysis and testing.
- Writes instructions and trains personnel in proper techniques to utilize systems, equipment, and processes.
- Troubleshoots. May repair, modify, and/or maintain systems and/or equipment.
- Provides input in evaluation of equipment and processes.
- Writes technical reports and other required documentation.
- Interacts with and advises other departments.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED with 10-12 years relevant experience OR Associate’s degree in technical field with 5-7 years relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with 0-3 years of experience.
- Minimum Experience: Associate’s degree in technical field with 5-7 years relevant experience OR a Bachelor’s degree with 0 years of experience.
- Specialized Knowledge: Ability to read and develop technical drawings. Technical writing skills. Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Intermediate word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Computer-Aided design and general computer skills.
- Special Skills: Good mechanical aptitude. Excellent organizational and communication skills (written and verbal). Proficient with 3D CAD modelling and 2D drawing creation.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.