Shipper / Receiver / Material Handler
REPORTS TO: Supply Chain Manager
The primary purpose of this job is to perform clerical and physical tasks for shipments and/or receipt of goods. Will also have responsibility for inventory functions.
- Receives materials and verifies correctness of shipments against documentation, checks for shortages and damaged goods.
- Prepares shipments and completes paperwork for outbound freight.
- Routes materials to proper departments.
- Organize and maintain finished goods inventory.
- Drive company Forklift.
- Performs other functions as required.
The successful candidate will
- Manage all aspects of the shipping and receiving duties
- Operate forklift
- HS Diploma
- Dangerous Goods Certificate, preferred
- 3-5 years experience in shipping and receiving and material handling/inventory management.
- Ship Manager
- International Shipping
- Oracle or other ERP system
- Knowledge of Certificate of Compliance
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with proficiency; Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English; demonstrated success with verbal and written business communications
- This individual must have the ability to interface with customer, employees and management at various levels within the organization
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust; Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.