REPORTS TO: Quality Supervisor
POSITION SCOPE / SUMMARY:
This position will be responsible for creating, revising, and maintaining Vision System software programs, as well as maintaining the associated hardware used to perform In-Process and Final Inspections. The role will also perform standard Quality Control inspection and testing as needed / directed.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Adhere to company Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements, including, but not limited to: company Quality Management System (QMS); Environmental, Health & Safety; company policies, procedures, and work instructions; and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Use standard measuring tools, measuring machines, and electronic instruments to perform inspections in accordance with authorized specification and quality control standards.
- Perform analyses using standard or custom procedures to make accept/reject decisions.
- Prepare necessary documentation and ensure paperwork compliance on all inspected items, including filing, scanning, initiating NCR when a nonconformance is determined, and verification of device history records.
- Perform basic troubleshooting as necessary. Develop solutions for technical problems of limited scope.
- As needed, repair, modify and/or maintain Vision System by assessing damage “post-crash” with Engineering.
- Serve as site point of contact for all communications with Vision System subcontractor, including changes, adjustments, improvements, and calibrations.
- Routinely test Vision System programs for robustness, and implement continuous improvement solutions to optimize runtimes.
- Use judgement and problem-solving skills to provide input in the evolution of measurement equipment, systems and processes.
- Work in individual and team settings with guidance as needed, including demonstrating the Vision System performance and functions.
- Interact professionally with Tool Room and Engineering to provide prototype data, analysis results, decisions, and screenshots with markups.
- Maintain Vision System functionality by: cleaning machine regularly; saving completed mill order data onto network drive; making backup files; adjusting programs after changes to “machine zero;” and reviewing and/or revising programs based on operator/toolmaker feedback.
- Perform other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in a technical field or other technical degree highly preferred.
- 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing or regulated industry.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings/prints.
- Basic knowledge in the use of hand gages, tool scopes and height stands.
- Experience measuring physical dimensions on parts.
- Ability to interpret and apply GD&T to measurement methods.
- Experience with Vision-based CMM systems preferred.
- Experience with SOLIDWORKS preferred.
- Ability to read and understand work instructions, and work independently with minimal direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively to ensure on-time completion of tasks.
Environmental Work Conditions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.