REPORTS TO: Quality Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate activities and provide daily direction to a team of quality inspectors and technicians to ensure that quality requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are met. This role will help identify, prioritize, and implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive year-over-year departmental improvements. Additionally, this role will closely coordinate with production to ensure that efforts are aligned with schedule attainment, and will manage the performance and attendance for each direct report.
- Adhere to company Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements, including, but not limited to: company Quality Management System (QMS); Environmental, Health & Safety; company policies and operating procedures; and other relevant regulatory requirements.
- Manage daily performance and attendance of Quality Inspectors / Technicians. Provide work direction and guidance on issues relating to Quality and schedule attainment.
- Oversee, and perform as necessary, all Incoming, In-Process, and Final Inspection quality control activities.
- Supervise associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment and self-directed team approach. Identify, arrange, and/or provide training to ensure a safe, efficient, quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles.
- Promote an atmosphere of diversity, open communication, and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth.
- Facilitate communication, coordination, and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
- Provide leadership to associates in all areas, including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling, and corrective actions.
- Monitor/track QA/QC department metrics. Help to identify, prioritize, and implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive year-over-year departmental improvements.
- Support Material Review Board (MRB) teams in controlling and dispositioning non-conforming materials.
- Assist MRB teams in reviewing all product non-conformances and determining appropriate corrective actions.
- Perform other functions as required.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 3-5 years of prior QA/QC Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment preferred; medical device experience preferred.
Special Skills Required
- Knowledge of ISO 13485, AS9100, and 21 CFR Part 820 regulations highly preferred. Lead Auditor training and experience preferred.
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T), gauging, and inspection methods.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.