Reports To: Quality Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to perform standardized measurements of parts in-process involving prescribed measurement tools under guided supervision. This position will work to maintain elements of Quality Management Systems (QMS) in accordance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820 requirements as well as company protocols.
- Primarily performs incoming or in-process inspection of raw materials and components for conformance to specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and other purchase order requirements.
- May perform visual and functional in-process, and final inspection of devices or labels.
- Utilize mechanical and optical inspection equipment to measure components and devices to verify product meets specification.
- Utilize quality procedures, specifications, work instructions, and associated documents in the performance of inspection duties.
- Identify and process nonconforming material in accordance with established procedures.
- Provide quality assurance support within the organization as experience and time allow.
- Writing and preparing inspection reports regarding inspection and testing results
- Other duties may be assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. Graduate degree in business or technical field preferred. Certification from an accredited institution in Project/Program Management preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of quality assurance experience or machine operations experience with in-process inspection exposure in a manufacturing environment required.
- Basic understanding of problem solving and specification requirements in relationship to the gage used and the part tolerance, preferred.
- Demonstrated technical competence.
- Attention to detail
- Basic understanding of blue print reading, inspection equipment and sampling plans.
- Basic machine shop math. (i.e. fractions to decimals and metric conversion).
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Associate is not subject to noise, vibration, hazards, etc.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.