Quality Inspector – 2nd Shift
SHIFT SCHEDULE: 2nd Shift (3pm to 11pm)
The primary purpose of this position is to perform standardized measurements of parts in-process involving prescribed measurement tools under guided supervision. This position will work to maintain elements of Quality Management Systems (QMS) in accordance with ISO 13485 and FDA 21 CFR 820 requirements as well as company protocols.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Company Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Releasing of final product(s) to our customers.
- Uses standard measuring tools, measuring machines, and electronic instruments to perform inspections in accordance with authorized specification and quality control standards.
- Performs analysis using standard or custom procedures to make accept/reject decisions.
- Performs basic troubleshooting, as necessary. Develops solutions for technical problems of limited scope.
- May repair, modify and/or maintain systems and measurement equipment
- Sets up and runs measurement systems with direction.
- Uses judgement and problem-solving skills to provide input in the evolution of measurement equipment, systems and processes.
- Works in individual and team settings with guidance as needed.
- Prepares necessary documentation and ensures paperwork compliance on all inspected items, including filing, scanning and verification of device history records.
- Interacts professionally with other departments to provide data, analysis results and decisions.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Minimum Education: High School diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in a technical field or other technical degree preferred.
- Minimum Experience: 2-5 years of experience in manufacturing or regulated industry.
- Specialized Knowledge: Ability to read and interpret drawings/prints. Has basic knowledge in the use of hand gages, tool scopes and height stands. Experience measuring physical dimensions on parts. Ability to interpret and apply GD&T to measurement methods. Experience with Vision-based CMM systems preferred.
- Special Skills: Ability to read and understand work instructions. Good verbal communication and organizational skills
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.