Quality Floor Inspector
This position is responsible for in-process and final visual inspection of parts. This position works on the production floor collecting samples and performing visual inspections. This is a highly responsible position requiring attention to detail and the ability to work with minimal amounts of supervision. This position requires the use and understanding of special quality inspection tools and equipment.
- Collects samples at scheduled intervals from each machine
- Perform the necessary visual Quality / SPC testing procedures on samples
- Utilize tools, gauges and other inspection equipment to obtain product specification data
- Accurately record information consistent with the department format.
- Communicate with Machine Technicians, Operators and Production Supervisors in an effort to run a consistent quality product.
- Follow all departmental procedures with respect to routine daily assignments. All workstation areas will be maintained in a neat and orderly manner.
- Inspect and document in-bound raw materials for conformance.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Inspection experience preferred with excellent communication and documentation skills.
- Capable of differentiating between colors and shades of color.
- Basic understanding of SPC, AQL, sampling plans and familiar with injection molding.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
High School Diploma or equivalency. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling or otherwise moving objects. If the use of arm and / or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than sedentary work and worker sits most of the time, the job is light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as:
- Preparing and analyzing data and figures
- Viewing a computer screen
- Extensive reading
- Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operating machines
- Using measurement devices
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work)
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.