Project Manager, Engineering
As a Project Manager at Viant, you will have the opportunity to tackle a variety of challenges to ensure the projects you manage are well planned and efficiently executed. You will be able to work with internal and external customers and resources while overseeing all aspects of projects. This is a great role to expand your existing project management and business knowledge as you will be involved from the initial quote process, including customer proposals, to the final production stabilization while launching medical devices which positively impact patients’ lives. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and attention to detail who wants to grow professionally with high internal expectations.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership over projects to transfer and launch medical implants and instrumentation.
- Empowered to manage assigned projects to meet goals aligned with internal and external expectations.
- Gives critical input in all aspects of projects, including: Design for Manufacturability, developing timelines, identifying critical paths, meeting customer expectations, resource planning, budget development, capital acquisition requests, and quoting.
- Provides project level direction and to resources such as Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers, CNC Programmers, Planning, Supervisors, Group Leaders and skilled labor on the shop floor.
- Ensures the establishment of lean processes in a cellular environment while launching products utilizing appropriate methods such as CNC turning and milling, Wire EDM, Laser Etch, Laser and TIG welding, Polishing, Mass Finishing, Cleaning, Assembly, and Inspection.
- Effectively serves as the main project contact between the customer and company to ensure clear communication is maintained.
- Able to work well in a dynamic environment and generate a positive team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field. MBA or Project Management certification is a bonus but not required.
- Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience in business or technical role with a minimum of two (2) years of project management or new project introduction experience. Experience in medical device industry or a highly regulated environment is desired.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral), ability to build and leverage relationships, and must be approachable. Working knowledge of ISO and FDA regulations, GD&T, machining, and product development / transfer processes are all desired. Must be able to think outside of the box to develop creative solutions to problems.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.