Production Supervisor - 3rd Shift
The primary purpose of this job is to coordinate activities of production team members including product line(s) or production shift of significant size and volumes to ensure that production requirements, performance goals, and improvement objectives are achieved. Additionally may have accountabilities for special projects, research and analysis at a high level.
Normal shift is 11:00 pm to 7:00 am
- Adheres to Viant Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Provides direction in the resolution of technical and production-related problems to assure completion of weekly schedules that meet or exceed Company and Customer expectations.
- Monitors the alignment of product or line(s) with master production schedule and material planning to meet production goals.
- Monitors departmental performance measures, including visual controls and provides regular progress reports.
- Ensures work orders are closed in Oracle and data is accurate. Ensures adherence to Viant policies and procedures.
- Supervises Associates in a manner that fosters a safe work environment and self-directed team approach.
- Provides continuous communication to Plant management on production, facility and Associate accomplishments and/or concerns.
- Identifies, arranges and/or provides training to ensure a safe, efficient, quality work environment with focus on continuous improvement through Lean manufacturing principles.
- Facilitates communication, coordination and conflict resolution within and among work groups.
- Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
- Assists in the analysis of production and related processes and makes recommendations on improvements and organization of process improvement activity through the application of Six-Sigma & Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
- Promotes an atmosphere of diversity, open communication and trust, affording opportunities for training and growth.
- Remains flexible to the needs of the business and performs other functions as required.
- Performs other functions as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage daily plant operations
- Oversee Direct Labor Associates insuring that policies and procedures are being followed.
Bachelor’s degree in technical or business related field.
- 3-5 years manufacturing experience with progressive responsibilities and leadership experience.
- Experience in medical device industry preferred.
- Experience in management of production schedules, reading technical documents and blueprints preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Quality systems preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills required and the ability to maximize asset utilization required.
Knowledge of CNC Lathes and Mills
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Worker is subject to noise, vibration, hazards, etc.
Viant is a global strategic manufacturing partner that helps medical device OEMs bring complex medical devices and components to market. Our deep materials expertise, combined with our experience in design, manufacturing, assembly, and packaging, allow us to bring our customers’ medical technology solutions to life. With nearly 6,000 associates across 24 locations worldwide, we are the perfect combination of big company scale and small company attention. For more information, visit www.viantmedical.com.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.