Viant Medical is currently looking for a Process Engineer with a Material Science or Metallurgy background to join our engineering team. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who enjoys implementing innovative solutions to solve manufacturing and customer-related technical issues.
- Use sound metallurgical principles to develop and troubleshoot metal tube making processes for a variety of alloy systems and customer specifications.
- Provide diversified range of technical services to both internal and external customers supporting the attainment of Company goals. Areas of support include metallurgical testing, cold drawing, heat treating, nondestructive testing, and failure analysis of metal tubes.
- Responsible for making proper and timely disposition of nonconforming metallic materials, including but not limited to NCR and customer complaints.
- Draft and perform installation and operational qualifications (IQ and OQ) for new equipment and/or processes. Support the development and execution of master validation plans and product/process validations (PQ).
- Participate on multidisciplinary teams to address and solve complex problems. Apply SPC, six sigma and lean principles, statistical methods, and design of experiments to identify and eliminate process inefficiencies and cost savings.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership to less experienced associates.
- Recommend process/product improvements to internal and external customers.
- Be able to recognize, communicate, and measure technical risk for a variety of metals for use in medical, aerospace, and industrial products
- Develop and implement innovative solutions that support business goals.
Bachelor of Science in Materials Science or Metallurgy with 5+ years of experience. In lieu of a metallurgy-related degree, other engineering degrees with relevant metals experience will be considered.
- 5+ years Engineering experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Minitab statistical software.
- Ability to communicate (both written and oral) complex topics to persons not familiar with the subject matter.
- Ability to work and be hands-on in a manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma certification is desired but not required with demonstrated experience in problem solving, statistics, and design of experiments.
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to make quick and confident decisions to achieve results.
- Good interpersonal skills are needed to be able to communicate and engage with the internal and external customers in a positive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.