Reports To: Senior Manager, Engineering Manager
The primary purpose of this position is to perform work which involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features. Ensures Viant Medical internal and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Adheres to Viant Medical’s Core beliefs and all quality and safety requirements.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or total project of moderate scope.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Evaluates, selects and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgement in making minor adaptations and modifications to problems encountered.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies.
- Create New Part Numbers in Oracle, Bill of Material, Routings, Purchased part numbers, Raw Material part numbers and OSP codes. (Price for outside services) Orders and Process Mass Changes
- Assess and Approve Reliance Change Requests.
- Process Reliance Change Request tasks. (ECO) Create ECO, Approve EC, Implement ECO and Print new routings.
- Devises new approaches to problems encountered.
- Improvement action Gate calls to review and improve processes.
- Performs other functions as required.
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Related Field
- 3-5 years of Manufacturing, Sheet-Metal and Fabrication
- Preferred knowledge of Oracle, Reliance. Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning Systems. Computer skills required. Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability to work in teams and excellent problem solving skills.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.