Process Engineer - Cleaning
REPORTS TO: ENGINEERING MANAGER
Viant Medical is currently looking for a Process Engineer to join our engineering team in the Collegeville, PA manufacturing site. This is a great opportunity for an engineer who can provide technical support and leadership to tube mill operations
- Use sound engineering principles to develop and troubleshoot metal tube making processes for a variety of alloy systems and customer specifications.
- Provide diversified range of technical services to both internal and external customers supporting the attainment of Company goals. Areas of support include cold drawing, heat treating, nondestructive testing, cleaning (aqueous and solvent-based) and failure analysis of metal tubes.
- Responsible for making proper and timely disposition of nonconforming metallic materials, including but not limited to NCR and customer complaints.
- Draft and perform installation and operational qualifications (IQ and OQ) for new equipment and/or processes. Support the development and execution of master validation plans and product/process validations (PQ).
- Participate on multidisciplinary teams to address and solve complex problems. Apply SPC, six sigma and lean principles, statistical methods, and design of experiments to identify and eliminate process inefficiencies and cost savings.
- Recognize, communicate, and measure technical risk for a variety of metals for use in medical, aerospace, and industrial products and the processes and equipment used to manufacture them. Develop and implement innovative solutions that support business goals.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide leadership to less experienced associates.
- Have experience interacting with internal and external customers to solve problems and recommend process/product improvements.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical, Biomedical, or Mechanical Engineering with 5+ years of experience. Other engineering degrees with relevant experience will be considered.
- Six Sigma certification is desired but not required with demonstrated experience in problem solving, statistics, and design of experiments.
- Knowledge of aqueous and solvent-based cleaning systems and equipment is desired and a key differentiator for this position.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Minitab statistical software.
- Ability to work and be hands-on in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to make quick and confident decisions to achieve results.
- Good interpersonal skills are needed to be able to communicate and engage with the internal and external customers in a positive manner.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.