Planner / Buyer
Schedules, orders and coordinates the delivery of parts/materials, equipment and services used in product manufacturing according to production plans. Controls the inventory of assigned production parts/materials in accordance with management objectives. Expedites requirements as needed (e.g., order action, shortage/pre-shortage, late order reports). Establishes standard cost on assigned production parts/materials for approval by management. Assist in the selection of particular vendors/suppliers with whom to place orders and acts as a primary contact with vendors/suppliers. Resolves problems with assigned production parts/materials, equipment or supplier orders. As a cross-functional team member, represents supply base and takes actions necessary to support quoting, production, cost savings initiatives, quality/complaint investigations and other supply chain related activities.
Demonstrates company core values; strong team player as measured by peers (behavior and work ethic). Complies with work rules including those pertaining to safety, health, Quality System, and the Accellent Quality Management System.
- Primarily responsible for the creation of the Master Demand Plan (MasterSchedule) for the site working with the Site Supply Chain Manager / SupervisorResponsible for the Creation and Management of the Forecast Demand Files within Integer ERP system
- Creates, Schedules and maintains production orders within the Integer ERP system for assigned work centers to load the factory to ensure manufacturing output goals are obtained for their site
- Responsible for working with assigned work center supervisors in the proper tracking and reporting on OTD (on time delivery ) cycle time and yield for production orders on a weekly basis
- Responsible for determining the daily required production rate (takt time) for their assigned work centers , as well as working with the corresponding work center supervisors in the tracking and reporting on daily / weekly performance for their assigned areas
- Manage material flow in facility and through vendors who perform outside processing
- Schedules work centers and issues a dispatch list to work centers/cells, or trains corresponding work center supervisors on process
- Check and verify availability of material and available capacity internally and at vendors
- Provides up-to-date documentation for facility packages and outside services
- Expedites operations that delay schedules and alter schedules to meet unforeseen conditions
- Monitor and report on raw materials, purchased, and manufactured parts and components, as required
- Conduct production-planning meetings and communicate issues/concerns to senior mgt
- Communicate customer due date changes to site COS (Customer Operations Specialist)
- Utilize customer forecasts to create forecasts within ERP and adequately plan demand and capacity
- Monitor and adjust schedules based on variances to output
- Assist in planning for utilization and capacity
- Maintain organization to ISO operation procedures
- Perform duties to achieve overall business unit metrics
- Prepares instructions and oversees purchasing systems and procedures; reviews purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy
- Responsible for tactical procurement in support of the sites production schedules, as well as purchase order releases on blanket agreements negotiated with the Integer Global Sourcing
- Prepares management reports as required (Inventory ABC analysis/cost savings program; raw material cost track, etc.); Tracks and updates operating/expense budget
- Procures all products to necessary dock dates to ensure on-time production starts per production schedule
- Ensures materials are utilized to minimize excess and obsolescence exposure
- Works with Global Sourcing to develop cost reduction programs with suppliers to ensure an annual reduction is achieved per facility objectives for both common Accellent materials working with Global sourcing as well as direct spend activities
- Analyzes contractual commitments, customer specifications, design changes, and other data to plan and develop planning and procurement activities from conceptual stage through life-cycle of product
- Responsible for site procurement activities (raw materials, outside services (OSV) as well as expense items)
- Managing and maintaining supplier programs, including the implementation of Kanban Replenishment, Consigned Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) Programs in areas such as raw materials, tooling, etc…
- Supplier Performance Management – responsible for working with site operations quality and global sourcing on supplier report cards to insure that plans of action are developed and implemented for improving poor performing suppliers
- In support of facility inventory turn objectives, develops supplier consignment program to ensure necessary materials are on site (in aggregate including WIP and finished goods)
- Responsible for assisting and in development implementation/maintenance of Lean Manufacturing initiatives, including Kanban/Pull systems with vendors and production
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University; and five plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent PC skills and working knowledge of fully integrated computerized manufacturing and accounting system.
- MRP/ERP experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, customer prints or other specifications, and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to all levels in the organization and top management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.