Oversees the day-to-day execution of payroll operations and related processes. Manages and develops payroll operations team. Reviews the payrolls for completeness, timeliness, and accuracy of processing. Ensures that all processes and procedures are followed and meet required deadlines. Works on special projects for payroll and other direct departments.
- Oversees the complete processing of multi-state weekly and bi-weekly payrolls
- Ensures that computing, withholding, or deductions associated with net pay is done properly
- Coordinates the maintenance of individual payroll records, payroll distribution, preparation of year-end tax forms and special reports on payroll matters.
- Organizes and reviews forms associated with federal, state, and local authorities, such as W-2s.
- Monitors effective dates and provisions of new legislation and company policies.
- Oversees payroll team on the processing of payrolls with various pay dates and pay schedules.
- Ensure all critical processes have adequate contingency coverage by trained payroll team through cross-training and well-drafted work instructions.
- Develop, train, evaluate and mentor direct reports.
- Conducts regular audits to ensure that tax calculation, wage processing, and tax-related reporting results are processing correctly.
- Overseas any configuration changes in the Ceridian Dayforce Payroll and WFM modules.
- Serve as the liaison with Ceridian in regarding payroll processing, special requests and scheduling Supplemental payrolls.
- Communicates with HR Managers on any payroll issues and upcoming changes
- Partners with Corporate HR on initiatives that could impact pay/benefits
- Evaluates and analyzes existing payroll procedures and processes for efficiency and effectiveness. Solicits feedback from payroll team and end users.
- Provides guidance and support for ad hoc requests, special projects, metrics and reporting, audit support, controls testing and validation, and process documentation/improvements.
- Special projects with various departments as assigned
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years working in Payroll
- 2+ years’ experience in managing a team
- Minimum of 2 years of Ceridian Dayforce Payroll experience
- Experience with high volume multi-state payroll
- Solid skills in Microsoft Office with proficient Excel skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Sound understanding of applicable federal, state and local wage and tax laws and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated analytical abilities and surmise logical outcomes
PREFERRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Certified Payroll Professional
- Experience in payroll system conversions
- Experience using a Workforce Management system like Ceridian Dayforce WFM
- System Interface knowledge preferred
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.