Oracle ERP Business System Analyst - Financials
REPORTS TO: Director, Information Technology
The Oracle ERP Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will collaborate with end users to understand their business functions and processes as well as define, develop, configure and test software solutions meeting the needs of the operations, service organizations. Additionally, the BSA will lead to the expansion of standard processes in Oracle EBS and related applications to scale business operations, to improve existing practices and address new business requirements. Through a deep understanding of the business requirements, this role will continually work with key business users to maintain, enhance, and augment the core capabilities of the Oracle Financial modules and its dependencies
The individual will craft and manage the roadmap for finance systems by partnering with finance leaders to drive business value and continuous improvement. They will also lead new system implementations and updates to current systems in partnership with Information Technology, Finance, and Operations team members. This person will be the voice of Finance Team for system related matters across the company.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Solution, design, and test all required improvements to existing Oracle business flows and system setups in the full range of Oracle E-Business Suite used by the company (e.g. Oracle General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Channel Revenue Management, Order Management, Accounts Receivable, Cash Management, SLA);
- Evaluates business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions. Implement business process improvements using best practice techniques, including current and future state solution design and process optimization.
- Troubleshoot, resolve and identify the root cause of issues occurring within the Oracle e-Business Suite and external interfaces;
- Work closely with business analysts and users to gather functional and non-functional requirements for projects;
- Effectively manage multiple priorities and commitment to timely delivery;
- Lead workshops to gather, analyze and document functional/technical requirements for new projects, enhancements to existing solutions and support production issues reported by end users.
- Create/execute unit, integration, and user acceptance test plans, including use cases and test data. Provide training to business users.
- Create, manage and perform system-testing activities for releases and upgrades.
- Research production system issues, resolve user problems and escalate when necessary.
- Perform application and process-specific training activities to educate technical and non-technical users of the solutions you configure and support.
- Document system configurations and system application test protocols in support of quality compliance validation.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Enterprise Applications in an IT/IS Department or 3+ year’s hands-on experience implementing Oracle e-Business Suite R12 environment with strong knowledge of its modules setups, including financials and supply chain management;
- Experience with EB Tax / Vertex
- Experienced with creating business process models and using them to describe business requirements.
- Understanding of the software development life cycle and related processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively and without direct reporting supervision; must be a team player.
- Able to learn new technology quickly, become the expert, solve the problem and teach others.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with both technical and business staff.
- Excellent written, speaking and interpersonal skills.
- Able to influence without authority.
- Proven ability to interface with highly technical resources, both on-shore and offshore.
- Experienced with MS Office applications, including MS Visio and MS Project.
- Strong independent analysis skills and the ability to dig into challenges, identify solutions and share critical thinking.
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills, enjoy a good challenge and above all, have a sense of humor.
- Experience with TOAD, Data loader and OAC is a plus
- Some domestic and international travel required
- Experience with Oracle UPK to create and/or deliver end-user content.
- Experience deploying Oracle EBS in Europe and Asia to support cross-functional business requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant technical or business field.
- Authorized to work in the United States
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.