Manager Operational Excellence
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
As an important member of Manufacturing team you will lead the strategy development and continuous improvement deployment for OpEx across the Collegeville Manufacturing Site.
You will manage the Operational Excellence function providing policy deployment and lean operating systems structure to meet the site’s short and long term goals for improved quality performance, increased service levels and reduced COGS, contributing to operational efficiency improvements and EHS performance exceeding Viant/Collegeville site goals. The OpEx Manager is responsible for building site level goals and execution plans in support of the Manufacturing Value Streams and other support functions within the plant. Close working relationships and consensus building are required with all other Site management staff. This position reports directly to the Collegeville Director of Operations.
- Establish and maintain a site-wide culture of continuous improvement and Operations Excellence including Site Leadership level policy deployment and tiered interactions.
- Lead site-wide cost reduction program targeted at reducing operational costs by 3-5% yearly
- You will coach and train sustaining the OpEx structure as defined within the Viant Operating System global operational excellence program
- Manage short & long term vision and execution plans for the Operational Excellence function at the Collegeville Manufacturing Site.
- Manage Operational Excellence programs and efforts at the site for short and long term goals achievement assuring culture and systems development in support of continuous improvement in cost and quality performance.
- Manage Lean Sigma Certification Programs (Green Belt/Black Belt) Site wide and assure resources are leveraged for site continuous improvement activities
- Manage Operational Excellence training programs and events throughout the site (DMAIC, A3 Problem Solving, First Time Quality, etc) assuring training and events support site goals for continuous improvement
- Ensure OpEx fully supports EHS efforts site-wide assuring achievement of site level goals and continuous improvement driving “best in class” results.
Bachelors degree in Engineering or technical discipline plus Black Belt certification or equivalent plus 7 years of relevant experience in operations/manufacturing with 5+ years of managerial experience.
Nice to Have
- Masters Degree
- Process improvement and cost savings success
- Solid understanding of Engineering, Project Management, Lean Principles, Six Sigma, Financial acumen.
- Ability to manage cross functionally with direct and indirect influence
- Ability to Coach and facilitate individually and at the large scale level
- Advanced skills in statistical software packages
- OpEx/Lean Six Sigma/PMI certifications
[Can range from light work to heavy work.]
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing date and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and or operation of machines including measurement devices and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes.
The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change. The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.