Director Of Operations
The primary purpose of this job is to provide leadership, focus and direction to enhance growth-orientated manufacturing performance of a specific facility or grouping of facilities in support of company strategic objectives. Ensures Viant’s continuation of its position as an industry leader and enhancement for the future. The DOO conducts effective short and long term planning providing adequate flexibility and capacity to support demand and exceed customer expectations. The DOO must be an expert at P&L management in both revenue and cost. She or he must consistently utilize effective organizational planning and leadership to deliver targeted results for Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Continuous Improvement and Culture.
- Provide a safe work environment for our manufacturing associates
- Ensure compliance and alignment with ISO 13485:2016 and applicable standards in CFR part 820
- Maintain a minimum of 95% On Time and Complete delivery while maintaining inventory turns.
- Establish a continuous improvement culture through deployment and active management of Lean and Six Sigma tools.
- Provide effective and timely communication to all levels of the organization and customers regarding normal operation variances, issues, resolutions and opportunities.
- Use structured problem solving techniques to drive team to appropriately analyze concerns, develop appropriate plans and execute the plan towards completion.
- Establish and develop a customer centric culture that consistently produces high levels of customer satisfaction based on quality, delivery and service.
- Understand the customer’s strategy and align operations to ensure MedPlast growth.
- Meet and exceed company financial goals
- Ensures facilities and equipment are designed, built and maintained to reduce lead times, costs and no defects
- Collaborates with and coordinates other functions activities in order to deliver Plant goals (HR, Finance, Quality, Supply Chain, Sales)
- Oversees and manages the activities of: production, engineering, warehouse/inventory management
- Drives performance and accountability; develops a high performance workforce
- Attract, maintain and develop top talent in all areas of the plant.
- Manage innovation and new product development projects diligently in line with Business Unit objectives
- Develop, maintain and update 3 Yr plan to ensure plant is meeting company objectives
The successful candidate will have
- Proven experience successfully leading sites certified to ISO 13485: 2003/2016 and preferably subject to the Medical Device Standard; CFR part 820
- Proven skills in business and financial management.
- Proven ability and system to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced environment
- In depth knowledge of P&L management and cost accounting
- Effective use of operational excellence tools and techniques
- Good communication skills at all levels of the organization with the ability to present ideas effectively
- Able to work in a matrixed environment effectively.
- In depth knowledge of workplace Safety and applicable OSHA Standards
- Technical or business Bachelor’s degree, with Master’s degree(s) in business or technical field desired.
- 10+ years of high-tech manufacturing leadership experience that afforded exposure to all areas of plant operations. Some international experience a plus.
[Can range from light work to heavy work.]
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing date and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and or operation of machines including measurement devices and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
- The worker is subject to noise: There is sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.