Director Of Operations Planning
REPORTS TO: Vice President of Supply Chain
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the AS&O Operations Planning process within the business unit. These responsibilities include but are not limited to: demand planning, capacity planning, inventory planning and supply planning. This person will be accountable for proper management of the value chain from the ERP system to the manufacturing floor. As a business, operations and supply chain focused position this individual will be responsible for both developing strategy and executing detailed processes and procedures.
This position supports 9 sites (7 in US and 2 global). These are located in: IL, PA, IN, MA, NY, NH along with France and Germany. Successful candidate can live anywhere as long as willing to travel to sites frequently.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Establish and optimize the use of Oracle (may assist with others e.g. IQMS) functionality for Planning, Scheduling, Capacity Analysis, Demand Management, Order Management, Inventory Management and other Supply Chain functions.
- Act as subject matter expert for ERP functionality as it relates directly or indirectly to Supply Chain and Manufacturing.
- Establish optimal inventory levels achieved necessary for targeted service levels
- Develop standards of operation to ensure accurate inventory records
- Assist the plants with aggressive inventory plans and projects to achieve targets
- Master Scheduling
- Establish and oversee the master scheduling process at the individual site locations and globally.
- Ensure consistent and visible production expectations that meet the long-term supply plans.
- Develop methodology and assist site Production Planners with systematic management of work orders and shop floor schedules.
- Develop and maintain capacity models (primarily inside ERP) for production and supply chains at each manufacturing site.
- Identify risk to capacity constraints and optimize throughput.
- S&OP (not initial focus – potential pilot in 2019)
- Develop and facilitate the S&OP process with AS&O Executives, management from the manufacturing sites, Supply Chain and Commercial support departments.
- Collaborate with the commercial departments to establish demand plans.
- Collaborate with individual sites to establish and maintain long-term supply plans using systematic planning tools.
- Evaluation and Reporting
- Develop and present standardized S&OP Metrics to AS&O business leadership monthly
- Establish standardized graphs, charts and methods of communicating performance of sites.
- Analyze financial, costing and other complex data sets. Identify, analyze and solve complex problems as they relate to manufacturing, finance or accounting.
- Establish and report key activities by site to improve overall S&OP performance for the business unit.
- Generate performance metrics for Operations to monitor and control production activities.
- Ensure master data integrity in key systems through process monitoring and control.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with management and workforces across multiple locations.
- Communicate complex issues and solutions to multiple audiences including executive management, production management and subject matter experts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Master’s Degree in Supply Chain related field or Business Administration is preferred
- APICS Certification is preferred
- 4+ years experience leading change in a manufacturing environment. Preferably medical device.
- 6+ years experience in development and implementation of world class supply chain business processes & practices
- Demonstrated success in leading adoption and improvement of ERP planning tools (preferably Oracle) in a manufacturing environment (preferably multi-site).
- Strong interpersonal skills set to develop, enhance and further cultivate good vendor relations and partnerships
- Must demonstrate advanced ERP and Presentation skills with the ability to work at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- Strong PC skills with the ability to pick up new systems quickly
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Occasional light lifting
- Position support 9 sites and will require frequent travel to assess and lead improvement efforts
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.