Mold Set-Up Technician
Set-Up Technician is responsible for mold changes, set-up & process troubleshooting on injection molding machines, auxiliary and processing equipment. Provides hands-on technical ability. Strong trouble shooting skills required. Minimize equipment downtime. Identify defects and make adjustments.
- Sets up, mold changes and processing. Assists in start-up of jobs to meet the daily schedule. Controls operations on injection molding machines, assemblies, and auxiliary equipment.
- Material handling and quality checks.
- Maintain the highest level of workmanship standards and product quality. Provides recommendations to improve quality and performance of molds and molding machines.
- Use strong problem solving skills to trouble shoot molding machines and auxiliary equipment. Determines the root cause of machine alarms. Makes all necessary adjustments and tool or machine repair recommendations.
- Evaluates resins to molding performance.
- Ensures production times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the setup and adjustments of tooling, machines and auxiliary equipment.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain a safe working environment. Maintain a good housekeeping
- Communicate best practice to other team members and shifts.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Hands-on experience as an Injection Molding Process Technician in an Injection Molding Facility. Machines from 10-720T.
- Experience in medical molding operations and robots are a plus.
- Provide own tools.
- Minimize equipment down-time.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Knowledge of processing characteristics of different types of materials (i.e. PET, PP, & PVC), machine controls and set points are desired.
- Experience in cGMP, ISO 13485, lean manufacturing, 5S, process troubleshooting, and root cause identification are key components of this position.
- Familiarity with clean room operations, understanding of Scientific Molding. Ability to program, start & troubleshoot molding machines and robots.
- Individuals interested should have good mechanical aptitude, be able to multi-task in a fast paced work environment and have general knowledge of hand tools.
- Capable to reads and understands blue prints.
- Must be willing to work off shift and overtime.
Technical degree is preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for a candidate who can demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as:
- Preparing and analyzing data and figures
- Viewing a computer screen
- Extensive reading
- Visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operating machines
- Using measurement devices
- Assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- Worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change
- Worker is subject to noise: Sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout to be heard above ambient noise
- Worker is subject to hazards: Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat, or exposure to chemicals
- Worker is subject to oils: There is air and/or skin exposure to oils and other cutting fluids
This job description encompasses all Viant facilities. Since the facilities operate independently the duties/responsibilities and reporting relationship of this job may vary from facility to facility. Facility exceptions to this policy are noted below:
Elkhorn – no exceptions
Tempe – no exceptions
Westfield – #5 not completed by mold tech. This is done by incoming quality. Communicate pass-down reports from shift to shift.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.