Metrologist - Quality Control
This position will be responsible for performing calibrations, troubleshooting and scheduling of preventive maintenance and services for the Quality Control Department. Key involvement in problem solving related to measurement outcomes and processes.
- Responsible for conducting measurements of silicone, rubber, and plastic pieces and assemblies as needed (ex: 1st article of inspection).
- Assure that the analytical equipment is in good working order and that calibration and maintenance activities are executed on schedule.
- Performs basic repair and calibration of test equipment, such as micrometers and calipers, and develops new gauges and testing methods including the design and building of measurement fixtures to meet testing needs.
- Coordinate and perform instrument PM and calibration.
- Conduct necessary training on analytical instrument operation and maintenance for laboratory personal.
- Responsible for maintaining document traceability analysis of engineering requirements, ISO documents related to part measurement, and training others within department as needed.
- Prepare/revise SOP’s.
- Prepare, review and approve in-house qualification protocols and reports.
- Helps in the identification of the magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process.
- Participation in the recommendation and purchasing of equipment as well as participation in product development activities by assessing and recommending measurement needs and techniques.
- Review and approve IQ/OQ/PQ documents, prepare change requests for major instrument life events and/or relocation prior to re-qualification.
- Evaluate and recommend analytical instruments to meet the department’s needs.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
- Experience writing SOP’s and reviewing IQ/OQ/PQ documents.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot instrument problems.
- Experience in silicone, plastic, or rubber industry
- Attentive to detail, accurate and concise. Able to keep neat and organized records and files.
- Good problem solving skills
- High level of technical expertise in Quality Assurance standards and document control.
- Requires excellent communication skills, commitment and motivation, and a basic understanding of statistical techniques and analysis
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION
- Associates Degree or equivalent in related discipline. At least 3 to 4 years of relevant experience as outlined above.
- Light Work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and / or lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. If the use of arm and / or leg controls requires exertion of force greater than sedentary work and worker sits most of the time, the job is light work.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and or operation or machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- The worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office or administrative work).
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.