Material Handler 3rd Shift
REPORTS TO: WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR, MATERIALS MANAGER, PRODUCTION MANAGER
To continuously supply the injection molding machines with required material in a timely manner. To monitor colors, do color checks and keep dryers properly, cleaned, filled, hooked up and operational.
- Supplies materials to manufacturing in order to ensure the fabrication and packaging of product.
- Verify correct materials are used as per work orders requirements and written job instructions.
- To blend the correct mixture of material, colorant or any other ingredient per established procedures
- Prepare, fill, and start material dryers according to MedPlast accepted procedures.
- Inventories, labels, and stages materials returned to the warehouse.
- Conducts weekly cycle-counts and monthly physical inventory.
- Restocks materials in the stockroom.
- Maintains product inventory through use of hand held Scanners and PC’s.
- Operate a variety of material handling tools, dollies and forklifts, in a safe and contentious manner.
- Maintains raw material inventory level by accurately accounting for product via required paperwork and ERP system entries as required per written work instructions.
- Relieve machine operators for breaks and lunches.
- This position may be combined with Warehouse Shipping & Receiving at some MedPlast locations (see Warehouse Shipping and Receiving job description for a complete list of job responsibilities).
- This position may also support production reporting, material dispo’s and labeling activities as certain facilities.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter exhibiting the ability to respond in a fast paced environment.
- Basic computer literacy
- Basic mathematics and written/verbal skills
- Must be able to lift and control up to 50 lbs with or without accommodation
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred or candidate must be able to demonstrate the combination of experience, training and education to be capable of successfully fulfilling all duties and responsibilities of the position.
- APICS coursework/certification a plus
- Acceptable driver’s record for driving company vehicles (as required)
- Forklift certification (as required)
- Medium Work – Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and or operation or machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes
- The worker is subject to inside environmental conditions: Protection from weather conditions but not necessarily from temperature change.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.