The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the inventory levels within respective area. Coordinates the delivery, restock and inventory verifications of internal material requirements to ensure timely receipt of required material and efficient delivery of finished product to customers. Performs clerical and physical tasks for shipment and/or receipt of goods.
- Adheres to Viant Medical’s Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs various duties necessary to ensure that accurate and proper inventory levels are maintained for material, tooling and general supplies.
- Organizes and maintains stock of direct materials and/or other components. Maintains chemical storage facility.
- Prepares shipments and completes paperwork for outbound freight.
- Routes incoming material to proper departments.
- Reviews, documents, and checks incoming and/or outgoing shipment orders for accuracy.
- Compiles and maintains computerized records such as material inventory.
- May perform cycle counts on inventory classes and year end tasks associated with financial audits as well review of work area according to department audit sheet.
- Performs other functions as required.
The successful candidate will
- Strong organizational skills. Strong computer skills.
- Ability to communicate and work with those inside and outside the department, handle multiple assignments and prioritize accordingly.
- Ability to follow appropriate department policies, procedures and practices.
- High School Diploma
- Dangerous Goods Certificate, preferred
- 3-5 years experience in shipping and receiving and material handling/inventory management.
- Ship Manager
- International Shipping
- Oracle or other ERP system
- Knowledge of Certificate of Compliance
- Demonstrated ability to use Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with proficiency; Advanced Excel skills preferred
- Able to communicate effectively in English; demonstrated success with verbal and written business communications
- This individual must have the ability to interface with customer, employees and management at various levels within the organization
- Must be detail-oriented, organized and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Maintains a high level of professionalism, integrity and trust; Able to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to work under pressure to meet deadlines and changing priorities
- While rare, position may be required to work evenings/weekends to meet deadlines
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.