MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
Responsible for creating Master schedule for Manufacturing Operations. Responsible for assisting, coordinating and following up of Production Planning and Inventory Control for Manufacturing operations; for planning and coordinating activities and jobs for Assembly to control inventory; optimizing capacity and minimize finished goods and component inventories; for tracking, coordinating special jobs; and for providing cost analysis of finished goods/inventory returns. This include both make-to-stock and make-to-order customers.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow all GMP and SOP’s as defined by Viant Medical policies, practices and procedures to insure that FDA and ISO regulations and quality standards are met.
- Plan for and complete production scheduling for all make-to-stock and make-to-order products.
- Firm work orders in support of on-time production;
- Coordinate and determine finished goods and sub-assemblies for Clean Room production, track jobs in Clean Room to provide release dates of finished goods for customer service.
- Provide reports and report analysis of production, including analysis of on time vs. late deliveries of specials and non-sterile, weekly tracking reports, weekly analysis and breakdown of orders, finished goods and inventory reports.
- Review inventory status and provide information as to the monthly status, coordinate counts for released components and organize component folders for release to support manufacturing needs and inventory schedules.
- Coordinate staging of rework and maintain Rework and prelim logs.
- Provide feedback to Operations as to the status of “Production critical” issues; recommend alternatives and solutions to inventory control problems. Recommend, where appropriate, new methodologies or efficiencies to support profitability.
- Follow all reporting and documentation as required by established policies, practices and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration or equivalent
- APICS Certification preferred, but not required
- 5+ years planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1-3 years supervision experience
- Intermediate to advanced level Excel user
- Excellent communication; requires interfacing with customers, suppliers and internal business partners
- Problem solving and prioritization
- Typical office environment: long periods of sitting, standing, and working at a computer
- Occasional bending, twisting, and lifting up to 35 lbs
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.