Manufacturing Engineer II
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Engineering
The primary purpose of this position is to apply engineering principles to drive process improvements in the manufacturing of medical devices to positively affect Quality, Delivery, Cost, Safety and Moral. We’re looking for someone with a positive attitude and attention to detail who wants to grow professionally with high internal expectations.
- Adheres to Viant Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Creates and implements lean processes in a cellular environment utilizing appropriate methods such as CNC turning and milling, Wire EDM, Laser Etch, Laser and TIG welding, Polishing, Mass Finishing, Cleaning, Assembly, and Inspection.
- Effectively owns and manages CAPAs pertaining to their areas of responsibility.
- Defines, produces and implements documents including standard work and process work instructions.
- Creates, reviews and approves engineering drawings, equipment layouts, change orders and specifications.
- Develops tooling, fixtures and equipment used in manufacturing to optimize productivity and cost.
- Creates, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates detailed project plans for engineering work.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies.
- Collaborates with development, programmers, machinist and suppliers to evaluate designs for manufacturability and cost reduction.
- Creates and executes validation protocols, processes and material evaluations.
The successful candidate will:
- Drive improvements through root cause analysis and data driven decision making.
- Participates in cross-functional project teams to implement creative solutions.
- Ensure internal Viant and external customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Engineering or Bachelor’s degree in a technical field with applicable experience.
- 3 – 5 years
- Lean manufacturing and new product development or launch support experience is highly desirable.
- Experience in medical devices preferred.
- Statistical knowledge and understanding of metals machining and polishing is preferred.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Very limited travel may be required.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, etc. to inspect parts, blue prints.
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.