Manufacturing Team Member I - Assembly / Deburr
JOB SCHEDULE: Full-time, Temporary to Hire
JOB HOURS: Dayshift: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM / Evening shift: 3:30 PM to 12:00 AM
The primary purpose of this role is to perform assembly and inspection operations over a range of products and processes. Will support both cyclical and non-cyclical work, independently preparing work to be accomplished by studying manufacturing process instructions and quality work instructions, gathering parts, tools, and materials as required. May train other team members in assembly operations.
- Sets up equipment needed for assembly/inspection as per Manufacturing Process Instructions and Quality Work Instructions.
- Understands own tasks and how they relate to others in their team. Works under minimal Supervision. Will follow Standard Work where applicable.
- Understands overall production flow within their department. May perform significant non-cyclic work for the department.
- Assembles component parts as per print. Utilizes both manual and automatic machine operation.
- Visually and/or dimensionally inspects parts and/or completed assemblies for conformance to specifications. Identifies and escalates quality non-conformances.
- Completes required Device History Records and other manufacturing documentation per Good Documented Practices.
- Assembles, disassembles, repairs and reassembles using blueprints.
- May package assemblies for shipment.
- Responsible for deburr and finish operations on assigned jobs, in the order needed to meet production goals.
- Participates in team activities focusing on process/product improvement, problem resolution, and customer satisfaction.
- Expands skill base through on the job training, cross training and classroom instruction.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations. Packaging of a variety of manufactured products.
- Performs other functions as required.
- A successful candidate will be a highly motivated self-starter exhibiting the ability to respond in a fast paced environment.
- Basic mathematics and good written/communication skills
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior manufacturing experience preferred.
- Assembly or Deburr experience preferred.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and / or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and / or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.