REPORTS TO: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
The primary purpose of this job is to perform general maintenance, service and repairs to mechanical and electrical equipment, machinery and facilities.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Company Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Installs electrical conduit and wiring.
- Performs all general maintenance functions.
- Perform a full range of duties including troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining electro-mechanical & electronic systems in a large scale production environment
- Responsible for the day to day operation of all factory machinery and the installation of new equipment.
- Conduct preventive maintenance per the schedule for all equipment assigned, to reduce downtime and prevent failures
- Performs other functions as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 5 years maintenance experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Industrial electrical experience preferred.
- Experience in an industrial production setting preferred.
- Knowledge of Pnuematic, hydrolic, electrical, or mechanical systems preferred.
- Experience with HVAC a plus.
- Knowledge of machinery operating software/hardware such as PLC’s and VFD controls and hand’s on experience with installing, troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing Electrical & Electronic Control Systems and components preferred
- Ability to read and understand technical documentation and use trade mathematics along with precision measuring/testing instruments preferred
- Working knowledge of sensors and monitoring devices for temperature, flow, pressure, voltage, current and other parameters preferred
- Must be able to work some weekends and on-call hours as necessary.
- Ability to spend time using your hands to handle, control, reach, or feel objects, tools or controls
- Will spend extended periods of time standing and walking throughout the shop
- Ability to climb ladders
- Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, bend, crouch, bend and twist
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; risk of electrical shock; and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
It is impossible to list every requirement for, or responsibility of, any position. Similarly we cannot identify all the skills a position may require since job responsibilities and the Company’s needs may change over time. Therefore, the above job description is not comprehensive or exhaustive. The Company reserves the right to adjust, add to or eliminate any aspect of the above description. The Company also retains the right to require all employees to undertake additional or different job responsibilities when necessary to meet business needs.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.