The primary purpose of this job is to set up, operate, and maintain CNC equipment to manufacture precision parts.
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Company Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Operates and sets up CNC shop equipment with minimal assistance.
- Accountable for meeting cycle time and yield expectations.
- Ability to simultaneously operate more than one machine as required.
- Sharpens and changes tooling as needed to maintain tolerances, may give input or recommendations.
- Makes minimal adjustments and monitors assigned equipment to ensure dimensional part integrity.
- Able to preset tooling for setups and tool breakages during normal operations.
- Maintains tooling following established tool life guide lines.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problem with minimal assistance.
- Deburrs, buffs or sands parts to meet requirements to print specifications as required.
- Verifies the revision level for current operations.
- Verifies documentation and accuracy of completed operations.
- Inspects parts visually and dimensionally using inspection equipment and techniques to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Completes all applicable documentation for current operations.
- Required to follow quality procedures to ensure traceability and segregation of materials as required.
- Practices 5S principles on a daily basis.
- Perform preventative machine maintenance as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High school graduate or equivalent.
- Minimum Experience: 2 years machine shop experience in all phases of machining, including two years of CNC experience or journeymen machinist.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Special Skills: Ability to read, interpret and understand blueprints. Ability to work with small precision parts to very close tolerances. Capability to use basic inspection tools and techniques. Capacity to understand and follow through with verbal or written instructions. Good understanding of shop math. Proficient with interpersonal relations, organization and communication skills.
- Specialized Knowledge: Basic knowledge of continuous improvement and GD&T.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.