Viant Medical is currently looking for experienced and motivated production operators to join our team. We are hiring for 2nd shift, 3rd shift, and our 12 hour shifts. Manufacturing Associates are responsible for producing medical products that save the lives of patients everyday.
- Operate machinery and equipment used in the manufacture of products
- Read and follow operating manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures
- Load component materials into product specific tools
- Follow established documentation for product manufacturing
- Maintain the segregation of conforming vs. non-conforming product
- Performs in-process inspection of all parts and/or assemblies.
- Performs visual inspection both unaided and using microscopes
- Performs various dimensional inspection using specific dies or gauges, or dimensional inspection systems and micrometers.
- Ability to perform basic manufacturing set up tasks.
- Performs additional duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent. Technical or vocational schooling preferred
- 3+ years’ manufacturing experience.
- Previous experience operating machinery to make metal tubing a plus.
- Previous experience using hand tools, lathes, and laser cutting machines a plus
- Using personal protective Using personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, goggles, gloves, and other equipment as established in company policies and safe work procedures
- Working with cutting & machining fluids, solvents, lubricants and other hazardous chemicals using appropriate safety controls
- Lifting of metal material, up to 50 pounds.
- Frequent pushing and pulling of metal material up to 12 hours per day
- Frequent carrying, bending, standing, sitting, and repetitive motion, up to 12 hours per day
- Repetitive reaching and grabbing of metal material
- Employee will be expected to attend safety training, serve on the facility safety committee and participate in hazard analysis and resolution
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.