Human Resources Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
The HR Manager provides leadership in overall HR role on site. He/She acts as a HR business partner to the General Manager/DOO of the site, including ongoing support for: Payroll, benefits, staffing; salary planning and administration; performance management; rewards management; job evaluation; policy interpretation; employee relations; training and development; and individual, career and organization development; risk management; strategic planning.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide benefits and payroll administration, completing necessary paperwork and answering employee questions.
- Staff jobs in a timely, cost effective manner with high quality candidates, consistent with company policies and practices and legal considerations. Provide assistance in the development of strategic staffing plans. Work with hiring supervisors and managers to assess division/department staffing requirements; develop cost effective recruiting strategies; screen applicants; and make appropriate hiring and offer recommendations.
- Develop and maintain affirmative action program and Diversity Initiatives at the site.
- Develop, and provide ongoing support of performance management systems.
- Address matters of and facilitate activities to improve employee engagement in coordination with management team and workforce committee’s
- Prepare, maintain, and introduce policies for the site.
- Develop, Implement and administer Rewards compensation programs. Help identify and develop innovative incentive/reward systems that address business needs. Develop salary structures and/or conduct special compensation studies based on local market values. Present salary programs to supervisors and managers. Monitor salary expenses to budget. Discuss appropriate salary treatment and flexible approaches with line management. Evaluate exempt and non-exempt level jobs and advise managers on issues regarding job evaluation. Assist managers in developing job descriptions consistent with good job design practices.
- Facilitate resolution of employee relation issues. Identify and partner with internal and/or external resources to assist in addressing issues. Counsel managers or employees consistent with Viant policies/practices, legal considerations, etc.
- Consult with managers and employees on training and development needs. Identify group and individual development needs. Deliver training and facilitate group processes. Develop strategies (including job rotation or expansion, coaching, internal or external seminars, etc.) to address needs. Work with managers and employees to implement the strategies. Facilitate development of competency models and employee and career development systems.
- Facilitate organizational assessments and development of strategies and tactics to address current issues and future needs. Conduct research and make recommendations for best practices. Play key role in presentation of proposals and implementation of plans.
- Serve as functional and/or business representative on site Leadership Team, Corporate committees or task forces.
- Assist Executive Management with company strategic planning. Develop and implement Human Resources Strategic Plan.
- Serve as Fiduciary on Corporate Benefits team; assist with plan design, renewals. Manage benefits open enrollment process and administration.
- Ensure compliance to Training requirements as outlined in ISO 13485:2016 and represent company at Notified Body, FDA and Customer audits.
- Records coordinator duties as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related discipline. MBA preferred.
- 5 years’ experience in Human Resources with a Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years’ experience with a graduate degree.
- Experience in staffing, performance and rewards systems, job evaluation, employee relations, training and individual and organizational development.
HUMAN RESOURCE COMPETENCIES:
- Employee development
- Organizational Design & Development
- Performance Management
- Reward Management
- Communication & Employee Relations
- Policies, Legal Requirements
FACILITATING CHANGE COMPETENCIES:
- Team Effectiveness
- Risk Taking
- Measuring Systems
- Problem Solving
- Conflict Management
BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE COMPETENCIES:
- Viant Medical’s Mission, Culture & Strategy
- Customer Focused Quality
- Competent Marketplace
- Sit for extended periods of time
- Normal office work
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.