Fixed Asset Accountant
The fixed asset accountant is responsible for tracking and recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation, and accounting for the disposition or transfer of fixed assets.
In addition to day-to-day activities, the fixed asset accountant is a key player in the monthly close / review process and collaboration across manufacturing locations. This role reports to the Assistant Controller.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree
- Capital in Process analysis – maintain the monthly CIP files for all locations supported by shared services; works with the plant finance staff to ensure spending is charged to the correct project and occurs within the approved amounts as well as identifying when an asset is placed in service.
- Maintain the Fixed Assets and associated depreciation schedules; insure proper recording of new purchases, transfers and disposals. Calculate and record the depreciation expense and reconcile the balance in the fixed asset subsidiary ledger to the general ledger.
- Prepare audit schedules relating to fixed assets and assist the auditors in their inquiries.
- Prepare reports for property tax filings.
- Prepare other reporting as requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree – accounting or business related or equivalent work experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years of fixed asset accounting experience
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Collaborative, innovative, flexible, and adept at building relationships across the organization
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.