Facilities and Equipment Manager
REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
DIRECT REPORTS: 3
The Facilities and Equipment Manager is responsible for overseeing the maintenance and upkeep of all manufacturing equipment, building, safety, and security systems. In addition, is responsible for supporting continuous improvement projects including customer complaint resolution, and corrective and preventive action implementation.
The successful candidate will:
- Direct and coordinate activities of maintenance technicians engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of machines, tools, equipment, and the maintenance of buildings, grounds, security, safety, and utility systems.
- Facilitate periodic department communication meetings with maintenance team.
- Collaborate with Engineering to provide input on equipment needs and requirements for manufacturing of products. Initiates, establishes and maintains effective work relationships with all departments.
- Adhere to FDA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and ISO 13485:2016 quality system standards
- Initiate Document Change Notices (DCN), Discrepancy Reports, and Equipment Identification Documents as necessary.
- Responds quickly to urgent situations regarding security, safety, quality, and production.
- Assist with on-site inspections and audits from third parties.
- May include other duties as defined by Management.
- Review maintenance work orders to determine work priorities and maintains the Preventative Maintenance System in compliance with the Quality System.
- Responsible for the elimination of all causes of equipment failure and ensures full useful life of equipment in coordination with preventive maintenance program.
- Ensure functionality of equipment, tooling and preventive maintenance and calibration programs, diagnose tooling or equipment problems, expediting repairs.
- Responsible for ensuring that high standards of safety are developed, met, and maintained for all equipment installed in the facility.
- Chair the Safety Committee. Promotes safety awareness, accident prevention and employee involvement in regard to safe work environment.
- Prepare Capital Expenditure Requests as necessary.
- Coordinate new equipment installations with project managers, assists in validations as necessary.
- Coordinate activities of contractors, and maintenance technicians to efficiently complete projects.
- Formulate engineering solutions to problems and develops plans according to project requirements. This may include technical studies, calculations, and research.
- Support Operational Excellence initiatives and implementation projects including poke-yoke, fixture design, and plant layout.
- Manage contracts for facilities services ensuring supplier compliance.
- Manage purchases of necessary equipment, parts, and materials.
- Review invoices from contractors for accuracy and ensures payment.
- Manage maintenance department costs within budgetary guidelines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- 3 to 5 years of previous management experience
- Previous experience in manufacturing with a preferrence in medical devices or other regulated environment.
- CAD, ERP, Preventative Maintenance Software, Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma tools
- Previous hands-on maintenance background essential.
- Decision-making with inherent ability to command, consult, gain consensus and effective execution.
- Good problem solving skills with proven track record in achieving results through or with other team members.
- Practical experience in electrical, mechanical, electronic, hydraulic and general plant maintenance required
- Excellent organizational skills, proven ability to manage multiple concurrent projects.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities with organization’s policies, including interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and communication skills required to effectively disseminate and present information to all internal and external customers, and to effectively interact with all organizational levels
- Office Equipment, common power and hand tools, measurement devices, and basic electrical devices.
- Light physical activity performing non-strenuous, day-to-day activities of a primarily administrative nature.
- Moderate lifting (20 lbs), carrying (10 lbs), bending, squatting, and prolonged sitting.
- Requires the ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Requires the ability to judge distance and space relationships (i.e. visualize objects of multiple dimensions).
- Worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: Preparing and analyzing data and figures, transcribing, viewing a computer screen, extensive reading.
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions (as in typical office, warehouse, administrative work)
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.