Environmental Health Safety and Security Engineer
The primary function of this position is to sustain and support all elements of the Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) program through the execution of established initiatives & continuous improvement.
ACCOUNTABILITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as expert on EHS matters related to associate safety, environmental protection, property protection, and process and equipment safety in a manufacturing environment.
- Works with the EHS Manager to implement corporate and site specific EHSS strategy and initiate policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHS compliance and achieve EHS goals/objectives.
- Conduct periodic safety audits, assessments, and inspections. Report findings. Take action to address findings.
- Provide a presence on the manufacturing floor and support other company functions and departments as necessary.
- Participate and/or lead incident investigations to identify root causes and establish sustainable corrective actions.
- Track safety incidents and observations to drive closure of open items.
- Monitors and supports requirements for established EHSS Key Performance Indicators.
- Evaluates the impact of new laws, regulations, and industry standards on site safety and environmental practices.
- Assists in the development of new safety programs and initiatives to increase awareness, and reduce the potential for incidents, accidents and exposures.
- Recommend changes to EHSS policies and programs to implement industry best practices, and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Leads efforts, projects, and cross-functional EHSS teams, in the direction of a continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly.
- Works with EHS Manager to maintain and prepare required records, permits, and reports according to established guidelines by local, state, and federal agencies.
- Trains new and existing Associates on company policies, procedures and regulations as required by regulations and best practices.
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions, perform and document job hazard analysis, and coordinate activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Responds to day-to-day Associate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner.
- Reviews, measures, audits, and reports on efforts in attaining compliance with EHS laws, regulations, company policies, and best practices.
- Performs other duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: BS Degree in engineering, safety, science or other EHS related field
- Minimum Experience: 2-4 years of experience in EHS in a manufacturing environment
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Ability to manage time independently in order to complete tasks by required deadlines. Ability to speak in public, with good communication and leadership skills; to work independently, as well as a team; and to lead, motivate, and positively influence others.
- Working knowledge of OSHA, EPA, DEP and DOT regulations including safety, emergency response, hazardous materials transportation, air permitting, water permitting, ergonomics, and worker’s compensation.
- Training and certifications preferred: First Aid, CPR & AED, RCRA, DOT, Hazwoper
- Ability to walk and stand frequently
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.