REPORTS TO: DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
DIRECT REPORTS: 7 – 10 ENGINEERS
Viant Medical is currently looking for an Engineering Manager. The Engineering Manager should have a leadership style that motivates team performance by communicating a vision, and providing coaching to a team of Engineers. Successful candidate will have a winning attitude, and strong inter-personal and problem-solving skills. Candidate must be resourceful and have the ability to make and carry out decisions.
- Makes decisions and provides direction to a group of individuals whose charge is to develop projects, processes, and procedures to improve customer satisfaction, efficiency, profitability, and compliance.
- Leads new product teams to help build plans that will ensure a smooth transition from concept to production and full product launch
- Initiates process and product improvements initiatives
- Assumes leadership role in developing, evaluating, and improving manufacturing methods
- Works with project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget. Leads the monthly project financial review meetings.
- Works diligently with Manufacturing and Quality departments to develop mechanisms that will improve quality, provide realistic schedules, standardize processes and reduce costs
- Provides leadership to Associates in all areas including: hiring, performance management, coaching, counseling and corrective actions.
The successful candidate will:
- Identify and justify new tube manufacturing and tube fabrication equipment and methods in support of continuous improvement and capacity/capability expansion.
- Provide technical interface among customers, manufacturing, suppliers, and outside processors as required to maintain a responsive and productive manufacturing supply chain.
- Encourage and inspire direct reports to drive team participation and engagement.
- Should be able to recommend and be responsible for selection and acquisition of new plant machinery upon approval of capital expenditure requisition.
Minimum Education: BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline.
- 8+ years experience in Engineering Management
- Previous experience as a Project Engineer or Engineering Manager.
- Candidates should be able to work in a fast paced environment, and have the ability to make quick and confident decisions to achieve results.
- Track record of problem solving and solid decision making
- Ability to lead cross-functional/department teams
- Working knowledge of cost accounting fundamentals and labor reporting
- Engineering Manager must have a good understanding of tooling, machinery, processing and materials used in injection and blow molding and keep up to date on materials and machinery in the market place
Occasional travel may be required
The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and or operation or machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distance close to the eyes.
- Occasionally there may be sufficient noise to cause a worker to shout in order to be heard above ambient noise level.
- Other work hazards includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.