Director of New Technology
The Director of New Technology will establish the Advanced Manufacturing Technology organization: Strategy Development, People/Process capabilities, Processes/Technology. The Director will also lead the technical direction of all development projects from design concept to completion as well as identify and recommend where new technologies may be incorporated to drive efficiencies for the business.
- Coordinate project resources between teams based on project timelines and project resource requirements
- Recruit and develop a team of developers with a well-rounded skill set that meets the needs of the company’s project initiatives
- Translate business goals into usable products
- Perform all traditional development activities, such as analysis, design, coding, testing and documentation
- Support the Global Manufacturing and Global Platform teams to develop industrialization plans for new projects
- Implement a strategy and horizon view for new technologies
- Develop and execute capital planning of new investments
- Develop performance targets and KPI’s for key processes
- Benchmark and analyze competitor and supplier strategies
- Apply learning and insights into the strategic roadmap
- Manage and coordinate developer teams and resources on a day to day basis to achieve various tech initiatives to be completed in a timely organized manner
- Train internal teams on new product features and functionality
- Solve problems related to integrations, APIs, and disparate data sources
- Facilitate collaboration and enhance communication with Marketing, Sales, Ad Operations, HR, Finance, and Product Management
- Provide timely communication to the senior management team about Engineering activities.
- 4 years experience in job offered or as Senior Molding Manager/Molding Process Engineer.
- Must have 4 years of experience (can be gained concurrently with the above experience) in overseeing thermoplastic injection molding process and scientific molding process development.
- Must have working knowledge of: (1) plastic technology with emphasis on injection molding, (2) SPC, (3), DOE, and GD&T; (4) plastic mold and part design. 50% domestic and 45% international travel required.
- Drug test, Background check required.
- Employer will accept any suitable combination of education, training or experience.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.