Initiates, directs and manages the design, development, constructing and modification of products and processes from conception to implementation. Works closely with other departments to coordinate design engineering activities. Reviews, initiates or approves engineering drawings, layouts, changes orders and specifications.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Viant’s Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Independently evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria, using judgment in making minor adaptations and modifications.
- Performs work which involves conventional types of plans, investigations, surveys, structures, or equipment.
- Applies standard practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data.
- Recognizes discrepancies in results and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
- Reviews test procedures and plans prior to implementation, conducts failure analysis and inspection on products, processes and materials.
- Investigates, develops and implements new process technologies of moderate scope.
- Performs other duties as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Minimum Experience: 0-3 years of experience
- Computer skills as required by stated accountabilities. Basic word-processing and spreadsheet skills. Problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.