CNC Programmer Technician
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The primary purpose of this job is to program, improve and support CNC machining activities in a team environment to support the growth of our facility. Additionally, this position provides input to assist design for manufacturing during new product launches and process improvement activities.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops, documents, and validates CNC programs for CNC equipment.
- Works with a team of CNC programmers to support Mill-Turns (Mazak and Nakamura), 3-5 Axis Mills, Chucker Lathes, Swiss Lathes, Wire EDMs, Auto Laser Welding, Laser Etch, and automation support.
- Continually seeks process improvements include increasing capability, tooling cost reductions, and cycle time reductions.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems in a timely manner.
- Supports continuous improvement activities to increase quality, delivery, cost, safety and moral.
- Involved with complex technical projects to meet project requirements within designated timeframe.
- Develops specifications and researches sources for equipment/components to meet customer requirements.
- Works with setup Associates to prove out programs and optimize machining techniques.
- Identifies, develops, and implements new technology or improvements to existing technology.
- Prioritizes and follows up on production support projects based on overall need and schedule requirements.
- Trains or assists Associates on equipment and related operations including specialized set up, work instructions, and reading print specifications.
- Adheres to Viant’s Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Performs other functions as required
The successful candidate will:
- Operate with a positive attitude and an improvement mindset always looking for new and creative ways to improve processes.
- Communicate effectively with engineering, machinists, and leadership to ensure plans are fully supported and executed to schedule.
- Understand the ‘larger picture’ and set priorities accordingly while aligning with leadership and the programming team.
High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in technical field preferred.
2-7 years of CNC programming experience or Associate’s degree in technical field with 1-2 years of CNC programming experience. Experience programming Mill-Turn / Multi turret CNC machines such as Mazak Integrex or Nakamura, or 5-axis mills is preferred.
Capable of creating programs for machines utilizing provided software. Ability to read and develop technical drawings, models, and prints. Computer operation skills. Proficient at reading and interpreting blueprints. Knowledge of GD&T. Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
Mill-Turns (Mazak and Nakamura), 3-5 Axis Mills (Haas, Mori, Mikron), Chucker Lathes (Mori), Swiss Lathes (Citizen and Star), Wire EDMs (Fanuc), Auto Laser Welding, Laser Etch, and automation support. Programming is done with Mastercam and Partmaker.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
Eye protection required on the shop floor. Hearing protection required in designated areas.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.