CNC Programmer Technician
Reports To: Engineering Manager
The primary purpose of this job is to program, troubleshoot and support CNC machining activities within the organization. This position will develop, design, install, and maintain new processes, tests, and/or control systems.
- Adheres to Viant’s Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, Company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Involved with complex technical projects coordinating internal and external resources/vendors to meet project requirements within designated timeframe.
- Develops, documents, and validates CNC programs for various CNC equipment.
- Develops specifications and researches sources for equipment/components to meet customer requirements.
- Works with setup Associates to proof out and approve programs and setup sheets. Identifies, develops, and implements new technology or improvements to existing technology.
- Prioritizes and follows up on production support projects, based on overall need and schedule requirements.
- Implements solution in the area of capacity, efficiency and safety for areas of responsibility.
- Performs more complex troubleshooting; repairs, modifies and maintains systems and/or equipment.
- Continually seeks process improvements and cycle time reductions.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems in a timely manner.
- Trains or assists Associates on equipment and related operations including specialized set up, interpreting work instructions, process instructions and reading print specifications.
- Performs other functions as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s degree in technical field preferred.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience or Associate’s degree in technical field with 2-5 years relevant experience.
Ability to read and develop technical drawings/prints.
Technical writing skills.
Computer operation skills.
Capable of creating basic programs for machines utilizing provided software.
Proficient at reading and interpreting blueprints.
Knowledge of GD&T.
[Can range from light work to heavy work.]
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Heavy work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.