Reports To: Quality Supervisor
The primary purpose of this job is to support all calibration activities relating to the development, inspection, testing and production of product.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to Viant Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
- Performs calibration, maintenance, modification, and testing on diverse types of IM&TE (Inspection, Measurement, and Test Equipment) and process control/manufacturing measuring equipment.
- Completes gage requests for standard, custom, special gages. Requisition gages and/or components as needed. Maintains inventories of replacements. Works directly with quality and engineering to resolve any gage or drawing discrepancies.
- Maintains records of all IM&TE and process control manufacturing equipment used throughout facility in compliance with FDA/ISO regulations and established procedures. Generates status reports from calibration scheduling database and works to minimize late calibrations, notifies affected areas as needed.
- Works and coordinates with subcontracted calibration services for both IM&TE shipped off-site and calibrations performed on-site to insure smooth completion of tasks and that calibration requirements are met. Evaluate, review, and approve calibration documentation to insure Viant standards are achieved.
- Interacts with all Viant customers, internal and external, to resolve and complete various calibration tasks.
- Serves as a technical resource on calibration issues, troubleshooting, and training needs both on and off site. Work as required on preventative and corrective actions relating to calibration.
- Conducts internal calibration audits.
- Maintains calibration certs electronically.
- Reviews and evaluates new and existing IM&TE and process control/manufacturing measuring equipment for appropriateness of function, correctness of calibration accuracies and calibration cycle.Issues out of tolerance notification on failed calibration.
- Works closely with engineering for the design, modification, and creation of IM&TE to support operations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of calibration procedures as needed.
- Provides guidance and training to other technicians as needed in Metrology principles and practices.
- Maintains an organized, clean work environment and assists with improvements and enhancements to the calibration department as needed.
- Performs other functions as required.
The successful candidate will:
- Manage Viant gages for calibration, customer gages, and calibration requests from production and Engineering.
- Manage gages requiring shipment to and from vendors and customers.
- Operate and Manage gage tracking systems (i.e. GageTrak, Engage).
- Maintain all internal calibration (i.e. pin sets, micrometers, calipers, thread gages, depth gages)
- High school diploma or GED.
- 1 year in calibration or related field.
- General understanding of the principles of calibration program, its purpose and methods.
- Familiarity of diverse types of physical/dimensional measurement instrumentation
- Ability to read geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) drawings
- Familiarity with industry related FDA, QSR, cGMP, ISO regulations
- Basic knowledge of applied mathematics, applying techniques and formulas to solve measurement problems
- Must be organized and detail oriented
- Strong documentation and records management
- Demonstrates good teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Good decision making ability
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Less than 5%
- Engage; Gagetrak; Optical Comparator; thread, ring, and plug gages; micrometer, calipers, depth gage, bore gage, chamfer gage, gage pins, Keyence Vision machine.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Close vision, distance vision, color vision, and attention to detail required.
- Worker is not exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
At Viant, we focus on providing end-to-end solutions for medical device OEMs. Our deep materials expertise—combined with our experience in engineering, manufacturing, assembly, packaging, and sterilization—allows us to bring our customers’ healthcare solutions to market. We have facilities across the U.S. and around the world, including low-cost facilities in Costa Rica, China, Mexico, and Puerto Rico. Viant provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Viant complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.